Thursday, August 21, 2008

Memories

Riley will be one in just a couple of days. I was thinking about the past year. Here are things that I remember.
I remember being so tired during the labor and delivery, that is an understatement. However, Craig was more tired then me. He dozed off while I rested between contractions. Craig got a little teary eyed after all was said and done. That was a special moment.


I also remember the mid wives shooting the breeze b/t each other or with Craig. Here I was working the hardest I have ever worked and the mid-wives were talking about getting pictures taken after I finished. They judged I would be finished in time for there photo shoot. Glad I could be so thoughtful.


I was so tired that I didn't want to do it any more. I just wanted Riley to come on his own. But the finial push finialy came with me griping Craig's shirt with one hand and focusing only on him. I was determined to be finished. I had had a enough. I don't remember any pain during the delivery, too tired to care.

During the first four months I would prefer labor to nursing Riley. It was so hard to nurse him every 3 hrs. and then hold him so he would sleep. Now I choose nursing to delivery.


Riley loves to hold my hair for comfort.


After the first four months, time began to fly by fast. Rolling over, talking, and crawling. So much in so little time. He insists on crawling through our legs by ramming his head over and over again against our legs until we spread them. Riley loves to dance. He dances to the radio, TV or when Craig and I sing to him at night. He will even dance while I am nursing him.


When I was still pregnant, I craved dirt and chalk. Living in dry hot Idaho didn't help. I never ate dirt or chalk instead I collected rocks. Almost every day I went outside to the railroad tracks and collected rocks.
When I take Riley outside he refuses to crawl in the grass. Instead he stays only on the side walks and playes in the rock beds that surround our apartment. He does love the slide and swing. He likes to eat broccoli.


We love him very much!


Who does Riley look like more?

5 comments:

Aubrey Scott said...

From baby pictures I say he looks more like you Nina, but from you guys now He looks more like Craig. I can't believe he will be a year old. WOW!!! Time does fly fast.

MomSwartz said...

I think Riley looks more like you, Nina. His dark hair and dark eyes remind me of you. But his smile looks a bit like Craig's smile. He is a nice blend of the two of you!

Kelly Spence said...

I can't tell who he looks more like. My nurses were pretty chatty too when I was in labor. I didn't know what to think of it. Be offended or be glad they weren't all focused on me? Fun post.

The Olsen Clan said...

I loved your memories. It helped me feel closer to you. It is hard to live so far apart. I love to see your pics on the blogspot. I think he looks more like you because of the shape of his face and his coloring. It sounds like he is the dancer that his father is though...

Rowboat said...

nina you had a midwife? did you deliver him at home then? very impressive! i wish i could have been there when you were pregnant and seen how cute you were! any pictures you can post??? i miss you nina!